About the Therapist
Hi, my name is Adil, welcome to my profile. I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor and Psychosexual & Relationship Psychotherapist experienced in delivering face to face and online counselling. The type of therapy I practice is Integrative, which at the Core of my approach is based upon Carl Rogers's Person Centred Approach; this puts you at the centre of the work because I believe you have your own answers and my job is to support you towards self-discovery. This is reflected within a phrase that I use in my practice which goes... "There is only one expert in the room, and that is you." What I bring is my experience, my skills and my competency. We go at your pace and as deep as you're ready to go.’ As part of my approach to counselling I work with you to find your own way to your true self. I believe that other techniques and interventions from other modalities are needed within the therapeutic process, to deal with what is live in the room at any given moment within our relationship, allowing you to fully understand what is going on for you, supporting you to achieve any behavioural changes you may want or need to get closer to your true self. I use a range of different techniques and interventions from Behavioural Therapies, Humanistic Approaches and Psychodynamic Therapy in allowing you to explore your range of emotions surrounding your important life events, keen memories, relationships, worst and best moments and who you believe you are as a person.
|Award||Awarding body||Year of award|
Why choose me? I have worked in the public health sector for the past 10 years working previously in frontline roles with a focus on: mental health, HIV and sexual health, LGBT, substance misuse, domestic violence, people with learning disabilities and homeless. Currently, I am overseeing the running of a Talking Therapy Department for a Charity in London. My main areas of practice and experience with individuals and couples are:
- Coping with Anxiety and/or Depression
- Coping with Crisis
- Coming to terms with sexuality and/or gender identity
- Coming Out
- Being ostracised from family and friends
- Issues with romantic and platonic relationships
- Affairs and betrayals
- Jealousy and Trust Issues
- Managing Open Relationships
- Communication difficult
- Coming to terms with HIV and STI diagnosis
- Gender dysphoria, embodiment and disassociation
- Understanding self
- Effects of racism
- Abuse and trauma
- Sexual Violence and Unprocessed Sexual Abuse
- Dealing with substance misuse
- Sexual issues effecting men, women, trans and non-binary folk
- Mismatch sex drives in relationships
- Sexual Pain
- Fertility Issues
- Compulsive Sexual Behaviour
- Work stress
Getting started I am happy to have a short conversation on the phone before we meet to see if you feel that you would like to work with me, so please do get in touch. Emails and calls are checked at least once every 24 hours and I aim to respond in less than 48 hours.
- Couple therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Emotion-Focused Therapy
- GSRD therapy
- Psychosexual Somatics® Therapist
- Relationship therapy
- BDSM | Kink
- Bi- | Pansexual
- Non-binary | Genderqueer
- One to one
- Two people
- Three or more people
- Partially wheelchair-adapted
My fees are: £100 per individual session and £130 per couples session. Session Types:
- In-person session typically lasts 50 minutes.
- Voice only/Webcam session typically lasts 50 minutes.
- Instant Messing, synchronous (real time) written exchanges last 60 minutes.
- Email therapy, I will spend 60 minutes responding to emails in asynchronous (delayed) communication.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.