Albion Psychotherapy ( by Barbara Ocello)
About the Therapist
I undertook intense clinical trainings in psychology (Italy) and psychotherapy (UK) .
My approach to psychotherapy is Jungian and aimed to help individuals to reach their most authentic Self, but I do not rule out other models to make sense of inner struggles.
I believe that there is no one formula that fits all, which is why I often integrate several evidence-based theories to what might be best suited to you. My core belief is that each person is unique in the way they experience life - ranging from the stresses of daily life to deep-rooted issues.
Most of all, I focus on developing the person’s understanding of their inner world, whilst appreciating the reality of the external environment and present dilemmas, conflicts, contradictory feelings and dreams.
This process takes time, and may not be the easiest journey, but offers a real opportunity for people to feel stronger in themselves.
My academic and clinical background familiarised me with the work of Lacan, Freud, Klein, and the British Object Relations theorists as well as cognitive approaches to mental suffering and I offer both open-ended and time-limited therapy.
I have extensive experience working with difficulties related to life transitions as well as struggles with mood, depression, anxiety, fear of intimacy (including emotional intimacy), attachment, poor body image, internalised shame, trauma, and eating disorders.
I have a special interest in relational struggles, identity, Gender and Relationship Diversity.
I offer Intensive work with long-term complex problems including abusive relationships, trauma, and anxiety states.
|Award||Awarding body||Year of award|
As a psychotherapist, I trained in Jungian Psychodynamic Psychotherapy with the Society of Analytical Psychology (London).
As a psychologist, I trained in Italy and the UK. I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a practitioner psychologist.
I have 6+ years of experience working in private practice as a psychotherapist and in the NHS .
- Psychodynamic (Jungian)
- Ace | Asexual
- Bi- | Pansexual
- Consensual non-monogamy
- Non-binary | Genderqueer
- Survivors of attempted conversion therapy
- One to one
- No adaptation
- Seniors (60+)
Initial appointment (50 minutes):
- individuals: £85
- Couples: £120
Fee structure: Fees are discusssed and negotiated in the first meeting(s)
- individual sessions: from £ 80 per session*
- Couples : £ 120 per session
- Concessions ( daytime only; subject to availability): from £ 60 per session
We will discuss fees in our initial few sessions, with the following points in mind:
- frequency: The minimum frequency is weekly. A frequency of 2 or more sessions per week results in a lower sessional fee, which we will negotiate and agree upon in the room.
- slot(s): Off-Peak or Peak times . Slots between 9 am and 4 pm start at £ 65 per session.
- Duration: time-limited or open-ended therapy Time-limited contracts (12 weeks) have a fixed sessional fee of £ 120.
- The initial meeting lasts 50 minutes and aims to explore your reasons for seeking therapy. I usually offer to meet for a few weeks to see how we settle, before committing to a longer-term work
- All sessions after the first are invoiced at the end of each month.
- Sessions last 50 minutes. We will meet at the same time and frequency every week: this will be your regular space.
- Since your space is reserved for you as a regular appointment, missed sessions and sessions cancelled by you are payable in full ( also when notice is given ).
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.