About the Therapist
Hi, my name’s Ed, I’m a Therapist working online nationally and also in Twickenham, West London. I work with people experiencing a wide range of difficulties from many different backgrounds, everyone’s story and reason for coming to therapy are different but all are equal. I offer both long and short term individual therapy, generally the length of therapy is something that we would discuss in our first session. In the case of longer term therapy we would frequently review as the therapy progresses to consider what work remains and when might it be appropriate to conclude therapy.
The model of therapy that I offer draws primarily on psychodynamic and person-centred theory, focusing on the therapeutic relationship while we work together. I also have knowledge of DBT and Mindfulness and may draw on these should they be relevant to our work together. Dependent on the reasons you have come to therapy I can incorporate Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) if we both feel this would be of benefit. This is particularly useful when working with someone who has experienced trauma and may have difficulty speaking about what has happened because it causes them to have flashbacks or to become overwhelmed. EMDR is a way of reducing the intensity of flashbacks and the emotions associated with traumatic memories, it works by helping someone process what has happened to them.
What to expect in the first session?
The initial session, is slightly different from subsequent sessions because it involves some degree of assessment. It is a time for us to discuss your current difficulties and try to build a picture of what has brought you to therapy, during this session I will ask a range of questions to assess if how I work is currently the best option for you and how we might proceed should you feel that we are a good fit.
Qualifications & Specialist Training:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Intensive Training (British Isles DBT Training)
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- EMDR Therapy (Module 1 & 2)
- Advanced Certificate in Clinical Supervision including online working
- Critical Incident Debriefing
As part of my on-going professional development I frequently attend courses and study days that are related to my practice, courses attended include:
- Interventions for Complex Trauma & Dissociation (SLaM)
- Queering Therapy Spaces and Working with Gender Diverse Clients (BACP)
- An introduction to Schema Therapy and working with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPS)
- Gender, Sexual, and Relationship Diversity (Dr. Meg-John Barker)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) for Depression and Anxiety (Dr Russ Harris)
- An Introduction to Theory and Practice of CFT (Compassion Focused Therapy) (The Compassionate Mind Foundation)
- Online Therapy CPD Training: Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals (PESI UK)
- Knowledge & Understanding Framework - Working with Personality Disorder: Raising Awareness (West London NHS Trust)
- Dissociation and Depersonalization (SLaM)
- Traumatic Grief (BPS)
- Advanced assessment and treatment opportunities for people with insomnia (BPS)
- An introduction to sleep: Psychobehavioural assessment and treatment strategies for people with insomnia (BPS)
- Understanding and working with: Hearing voices, delusions and paranoia (BPS)
- Working with Attachment and Trauma (BPS)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy 8 week course at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre (part of Oxford University)
Specific experience and training:
I currently work three days per week in private practice, while also continuing to work for the NHS in a Community Mental Health Team. As a Practitioner I belong to the BACP who are my professional body. I am a 'Registered Member', this means that I abide by their ethical framework while working as an Integrative Therapist and that I undertake frequent continuing professional development to keep up to date with current practice while also receiving regular supervision to make sure my work is clinically safe. A copy of the commitments we make as members of the BACP while working therapeutically can be found by clicking here.
- Adult Psychotherapist & Counsellor - West London NHS Trust, providing both long term individual Psychotherapy & Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to individuals and groups.
- Extensive experience working within an NHS Crisis Team and previously as a Mental Health Advisor on an NHS crisis line.
- Prior to working within mental health services, I worked for an NHS Ambulance Service, both operationally and in control.
Specialisms and interests:
- Self harm
- Suicidal ideation
- Complex Trauma
- Blue light Emergency Services - Police, Fire & Ambulance Service staff (including students)
- NHS Staff
Online Coping Skills Group
The Online Coping Skills Group is DBT informed, should you wish to find out any more information regarding the group or the modules that we run please feel free to get in touch or visit my website for further details. The group is mixed and runs on a Thursday evening at 7:30-9:30pm, this is run with my colleague Emma Brooks through Liminal Therapies Ltd.
I offer Clinical Supervision to Trainee and newly qualified Therapists, if you are interested in working with me please visit my website for further details on how I work as a Supervisor.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Attachment theory (Psychodynamic)
- Behavioural therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Group therapy
- GSRD therapy
- Ace | Asexual
- BDSM | Kink
- Bi- | Pansexual
- Non-binary | Genderqueer
- Survivors of attempted conversion therapy
- One to one
- Two people
- Three or more people
- No adaptation
- £40 Initial Assessment
- £90 Individual Therapy
- £65 DBT Informed Online Coping Skills Group (9 weeks per module)
- £90-110 EMDR Therapy 50-75 minute session
- £60 Online Individual Clinical Supervision via Zoom per hour - £30 for trainee therapists
- Please be aware that all sessions take place online via Zoom.
- Critical Incident Debriefing – 90 minute group session on site or virtually. Groups of more than 10 people will usually require a Co-Facilitator at an additional cost please contact for further for prices.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.